Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined by your auto insurance policy.
Auto Insurance Coverage
Auto insurance provides liability, uninsured motorist protection, personal injury protection, comprehensive, collision, towing, and rental car expenses.
Listed Coverage for a Texas Standard Auto Insurance Policy:
- Liability: Pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury and/or property damage.
- Uninsured Motorist Protection: Pay for bodily injury and property damage to you.
- Personal Injury Protection: Pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
- Comprehensive: Pays for physical damage as a result of an incident other than collision.
- Collision: Pays for physical damage as a result of a collision.
- Towing: Reimbursement for expenses from towing your vehicle.
- Rental: Pays for the expense of renting a vehicle as a result of a covered loss.
Optional Auto Insurance Coverage in Texas
In Texas, all coverages for the exception of liability are optional. The required legal limit in liability is $25,000 per person in bodily injury, $50,000 per accident in bodily injury, and $25,000 in property damage liability. Some states have different requirements. For example, some states may require Uninsured Motorist Protection and/or Personal Injury Protection and may have different requirements for liability limits.
If you're financing a car, your lender may require you to have comprehensive and collision. Banks usually want you to have a deductible no less than $500. Your bank is referred as a lienholder or loss payee in a Texas Auto Insurance Policy.
Auto Insurance Policy Contract Terms
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium. Some Texas Auto Insurance Companies in Texas offer shorter term policies, but this is not recommended as you often end up paying more overall.
In a Texas Auto Insurance Standard Policy, a customer has the right to cancel an auto insurance policy at any time. An auto insurance policy is a bilateral policy, which means the insurance is the only party obligated to fulfill the contract at the agreed premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
The coverage requested by the State of Texas is $25,000 per person in bodily injury, $50,000 per accident in bodily injury, and $25,000 in property damage to others. In a city like Midlothian, where the over all cost of living is a little higher (compared to the rest of the State) it is recommended you carry higher limits in liability. For example 50/100/50.
Questions to Ask Your Auto Insurance Agent
Your Auto Insurance Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs out of pocket.
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims? Go to http://www.ambest.com/.
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim?
What is the process to find the best rate for Auto Insurance Midlothian, TX?
It is always a good idea to consult with 3 different insurance companies. Make sure they are diverse in nature. A good variety would be 1 from the internet, 1 from an exclusive agent and one from an established independent agent. This will assure you are getting a wide range of rates from companies that over all cater to different kinds of drivers.
There are many auto insurance agencies which can provide multiple quotes. Call All 4 You Insurance if you are looking for quality auto insurance in Midlothian, TX.
Insurance companies we represent
Progressive Insurance, Travelers Insurance, Unitrin Insurance, Affirmative Insurance, Germania Insurance